FAQ's For Sellers:
Please call for details on the seasonal types of items that we are currently accepting - 262-767-9006.
Frequently asked questions about consigning at Chic & Unique should be answered here. If you still have a question that has not been addressed here, please call us at 262-767-9006 during business hours and we will happily help you.
1. DO I NEED AN APPOINTMENT TO BRING IN MY ITEMS?
Yes. We do not accept items that are dropped off without an appointment. Please call ahead to make an appointment at 262-767-9006. We frequently are booked 1-2 weeks out, so the sooner you call, the better.
2. HOW LONG WILL YOU KEEP MY ITEMS?
Your item(s) will be available for sale to our customers for 90 days.
3. AFTER THE CONSIGNMENT PERIOD ENDS, WHAT HAPPENS TO MY ITEMS?
At your appointment, you will choose whether to pick up your unsold items or to automatically have them donated to charity. Consigners MUST call ahead to let us know if you want your items returned. We will do our best to have your items pulled and ready for you at a pre-arranged date and time; however, due to the businessess of the store, you may need to pull your items from the sales floor yourself. If we do not hear from you after the 90 day period ends, your items will be donated ASAP, no exceptions.
4. WHAT IS THE PERCENTAGE I WILL RECEIVE?
You, the consignor, will receive 40% of the selling price.
5. HOW DO I GET PAID?
Checks are ready on the 21st of each month for consignors that have $20 or more on their account. Consignors may wait until the 90 day period is over and you can receive cash for amounts under $20. If the consignor has not reached $20, it can be used as store credit towards a purchase, or wait and it will roll-over to the following month(s) until the $20 minimum has been reached. The amount under $20 will never expire.
6. ARE THERE ANY OTHER FEES FOR CONSIGNING?
No, there are no additional fees or membership costs for consigning with Chic & Unique. However, if you would like your check mailed to you, there will be a $1.00 handling charge. If you choose to receive your cash prior to the 21st of the month, a 5% handling fee will be applied.
7. CAN I PICK UP MONEY ON MY ACCOUNT DURING THE 90 DAY PERIOD?
Yes, checks will be ready for pick up during our regular business hours for accounts over $20 on the 21st of the month. Otherwise, accounts must wait until the 90 day selling period is over. Don't forget you can always use your money as in-store credit.
8. WILL CHIC & UNIQUE CALL WHEN THE 90 DAY PERIOD IS OVER?
No, Chic & Unique will not call consignors when the 90 day consignment period is over or when there is money on their account. You are welcome to call us or stop in during regular business hours to see how much is on your account.
9. WHAT ARE THE GENERAL GUIDELINES FOR ITEMS YOU WILL ACCEPT?
Here's a detailed description of item condition to take into consideration when choosing what you would like to consign with us:
- Clothing items, shoes, and handbags that are New With Tags (NWT) or New Without Tags (NWOT) or have never been worn, washed, or used. Any items under either of these should have no flaws (some new items may still have flaws).*
- Gently Used (GU): Gently used items that have been worn, washed, or used but appear new and have zero signs of wear and with no flaws.
- Excellent: Excellent condition items that have been previously worn, washed, or used. They should still have no flaws.
- Very Good: Items that have been previously used or worn with moderate wash wear/fade but no visible flaws are considered in very good condition.
- Good: Previously worn/used items with minor visible flaw(s) and/or significant wash wear/fade can be considered in good condition. THESE ITEMS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.
- Fair: Previously worn apparel with significant visible flaw(s) and/or heavy wash wear/fade is in fair condition. THESE ITEMS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.
- Poor: Clothing that is not wearable and has severe flaws/damage is in poor condition, but may have desirable and useable element(s). THESE ITEMS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.
*Flaws might include spots, stains, holes, tears, fabric irregularities, or problems with buttons, zippers, snaps, missing rhinestones or other embellishments, etc.
Still have a questions? Give us a call at 262-767-9006.